Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Rebekah's Sausage Gravy

Rebekah's Sausage Gravy

1 pound Bob Evans (or whatever brand you like) Original or Mild Sausage.
1/2 cup flour
milk

Brown the sausage in skillet, remove from heat and drain excess grease.  Keep heat off.



Sprinkle in flour to coat all sausage. I eyeball this. It could be as much as a half cup. I sprinkle, stir to coat, 
sprinkle, stir to coat until the sausage looks fairly white.
Then, turn heat back on low and begin adding in milk. The first time I add milk I add it to the point that it's NEARLY covering the sausage.  You then just stir till the milk is fully incorporated. Then you add again. Repeat stirring. Continue until your sausage gravy reaches the thickness or thinness you prefer. 

Glenn like thicker, I like thinner. It continues to thicken while you're adding in the milk, so stirring continually is the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment