Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mrs. White's Rolls


I enjoy making these rolls to serve with soup - they are so delicious and are gobbled up quickly!
1 egg, room temp (I usually crack it right in and it seems to do fine)
1 c. + 1 T water
2 T. oil (I use canola)
1 tsp salt
1/4 c. sugar
3 1/2 c. bread flour
2 1/4 tsp yeast.
Put ingredients into bread machine in order listed. Select dough cycle. When finished in machine, shape and let rise for 30 minutes. (I preheat the oven to 200 degrees, then turn it off and let the rolls rise in there if I do not have a warm enough place in the house). Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 5-7 minutes. Makes 18-24 rolls - I cut the dough into 24 rolls, but it depends on the size you want!
Their note: this dough works well for making cinnamon rolls...I have a different recipe that I use!
*This recipe comes from my friend Anne's Mom's cookbook, "Savories from Sue and Friends."  I think that she sells the cookbooks for $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment