Wednesday, May 8, 2013

DIY: Antiseptic Ointment

As if I don't have enough to do...

...but I had to try this. Products that I can make at home with ease and benefit my family at the same time.

Yes please and thank you very much.

1-1/2 oz beeswax, grated
1 cup oil = olive, almond or coconut are suggested options
1/4 tsp pure Vitamin E oil
1/2 tsp tea tree oil
20 drops lavender essential oil
10 drops lemon essential oil

I chose to use coconut oil and did not grate the beeswax...it turned out fine.

In a double boiler, over low heat, melt first two ingredients together.

Beeswax and Coconut Oil
 

Once the mixture is uniform, remove from heat and add Vitamin E, tea tree, and essential oils.  Stir with a chopstick - or something like that.

Melting complete and uniform; ready to add Vitamin E, tea tree, and essential oils.


Pour mixture into small, sterilized jars.  This recipe made about 12 ounces.


I filled three of these containers - they are 4 oz each

Cool on the counter and store in a cool, dark place. It should be good for 8-10 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment